what you NEED to know!
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2015
Location: Lakehead DSB Office
– Sibley Room (2135 Sills Street)
Time: 4:15 – 6:15 p.m.
Presenter: Alison Lavoie
To register: email firstname.lastname@example.org
A light dinner will be provided, please advise of any dietary requirements when registering.
The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Overview and Implications for FSL Teaching and Learning
Workshop for Occasional Teachers
In this workshop, we will cover the following topics:
– brief history of the CEFR (Council of Europe, CIEP (Centre international d’études pédagogiques) and its introduction in Canada
– overview of the 6 common reference levels and the 4 skills
– communicative language competencies (linguistic, socio-linguistic, pragmatic)
– from the communicative to the action-oriented approach
– the CEFR and the new FSL curriculum documents (elementary and secondary)
– CEFR in the classroom – look-fors